CONTACT ROCK FOR KIDS
Rock For Kids
|For General Information:
For press inquries e-mail email@example.com or visit our Electronic Press Kit
If you would like to volunteer, please review our volunteer policy (PDF) and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rock For Kids provides music education to underserved children in Chicago, sparking creativity and passion, teaching critical thinking, supporting academic achievement and enriching young lives.
Rock For Kids believes that through music education, children become creative, energized and successful members of society, while cultivating appreciation and enjoyment of the arts.
Rock For Kids recognizes that music has the power to transcend challenging situations and transform lives, and, as such, imagines a future in which all young people have access to music education as a catalyst for self-expression, motivation and stability.
- Rock For Kids believes no child's future should be compromised academically, socially or emotionally simply because of economic disparity. Therefore, we focus our programs on those least likely to have access to music education.
- Rock For Kids values quality music education as a venue for creativity and skill development, by hiring trained teachers and teaching artists, who use evidence-based curricula for classes.
- Rock For Kids believes it is critical that all children experience kindness, security, compassion, personal success and individual creativity, as the smallest of these may inspire the course of a life.
- Rock For Kids understands that every child involved in our programs is inspired differently, creating life-long musicians, life-long music lovers or simple appreciation for the arts in general.
- Rock For Kids strives to offer a supportive, safe environment—a community of musicians working, playing, and listening to create something meaningful.
- Rock For Kids believes that everyone that is touched by the power of music has a responsibility to give back to it. In keeping with this ideal, we aspire to act as a bridge between the music community that supports us and the communities we serve.
- Rock For Kids inspires young people to create identities for themselves that they might not have otherwise dreamt.
Rock For Kids was founded in 1988 as
Rock For Kids is a licensed Illinois 501(c)(3) organization. Only 11% of all income is spent on fundraising costs. All contributions are fully tax-deductible.